English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish
- Established 1991 

Byron Shire Respite Service Inc. has been servicing the Byron Shire region for 25 years
is supported by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Visit www.health.gov.au for more information.

Due to recent government changes, responsibility for ageing and aged care has recently moved to the Department of Health from the Department of Social Services (DSS). Information about ageing and aged care is currently still available on the DSS website, and will be transferred to the Department of Health website shortly. For current information of ageing and aged care,
please visit: www.dss.gov.au/ageing-and-aged-care

Last updated by Byron Shire Respite Service Inc. August 25th 2016.


Like us on facebook1


 National Disability Standards Accredited           National Home Care Standards Accredited



   Contact Commonwealth Respite
   and Carelink Centres 1800 052 222



New raffle now on
Win one of 9 dinners for you and a friend! Tickets only $2 each. Telephone the office on 6684 1921
or email Claudia at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to purchase tickets




The Carer Gateway is an Australian Government initiative. It provides information about the services and support available for people who care for someone with a disability, a chronic illness, dementia, mental illness or who is frail aged.
To learn more call 1800 422 737 (8am – 6pm, Monday-Friday), or visit www.carergateway.gov.au

carer gate way logo

Although funding for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme has been provided by the Australian Government,

the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.

BSRS respite cottage dream



Postitive ageing is related to the creation of and age friendly communities

That is creating a community which facilitates older people's participation and involvement.
It recognises the vital roles ageing people play as family members carers vo



caring for someone

If you are looking after someone who has a chronic illness, mental health condition, physical disability, intellectual disability, a person with special needs, a parent or other family member, a spouse or partner, or a friend - you may be consid